It's a long road, but I'm taking it one step at a time...

My Mini-Goal

8/08/10 to 8/31/10-to lose 6 lbs this month

Thursday, December 31, 2009

T'was the Night Before...

Well, tonight we kiss 2009 and the ought decade good-bye, and tomorrow ushers in a new day, new month, new year, and new decade.

And at 40, I'm hoping this marks my 1/2 life mark, not my 3/4 or 9/10 life mark.

Mercury is in retrograde, so I don't plan any heavy spell work for a couple of weeks. Jan 15th I plan to have a full-blown ritual at the new moon... but until then, I'm "going within."

Reflection... that's what the time now is for. Reflection on the past and what has brought me to this point in my journey. After midnight, I am doing a meditation to take myself back into my past and look at all the key moments in my life that guided me here. Hopefully they will provide some insight. I plan to journal after the meditation and I will let you know what I come up with when I post tomorrow night.

Tonight for dinner... frozen pizza, salad, & probably my last soda for a long time. Soda pop is a trigger food for me so I usually don't buy them and keep them in the house unless it's a holiday or occasion... however the grocery store was giving bottles of Coke away with a purchase of a frozen pizza.

Oh, did I mention I am quitting smoking tonight, too? I know I know... double whammy. But might as well. Ciggs are getting expensive, and I don't want to smoke more when I can't munch, replacing one bad habit with another, so I might as well try to toss them both and get over it. I'm not a heavy smoker. I go days without smoking, and days when I have a few ciggs.

I mainly smoke when I work, or during times of extreme stress. I used to smoke in social situations, but now since you're not allowed to smoke in just about any social setting, I don't do that any more. I figure some times it won't bother me at all, sometimes it'll drive me a bit batty. I've got to learn to work through that though.

Happy New Year everybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would enjoy hearing your encouragement, reasonable criticism, questions, insights, advice and experiences. Comments will be moderated, however. I realize there may be people out there who only want to insult me for my weight or attack my beliefs in Witchcraft. There are plenty of forums for doing that. This is not one of them.

My Blog + Additional Info Pages