It's a long road, but I'm taking it one step at a time...

My Mini-Goal

8/08/10 to 8/31/10-to lose 6 lbs this month

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

I think I have gotten over that hill

The hill of beans, that is... more specifically, coffee beans. I spent a few days out of it but I feel better now.

About the new regiment-- I am shocked, but the kids actually like it and hubby is dealing with it quite nicely. I think we were all a bit worried that it was going to be hard to get disciplined and get used to it, but instead it's been pleasant and there has been a calm and peaceful energy in the house.

I think it used to be that we would sit there wasting time, procrastinating, worrying about the things we wanted to do, worrying about the things we might not get done, etc... with this strict schedule, everything is on it... and you know you are going to get to everything. And while you are doing it you don't have to worry about other things, you just focus on it. And if you don't finish, you know you will get a chance later or tomorrow. There is no opportunity for excuses, and no guilt.

And with all the meals and snacks I am finding that I am full even between meals and I am eating much smaller portions. It used to be that I would wake up and grope for coffee first thing. I would never be hungry in the morning and I wouldn't eat until well into the afternoon. Now with the breakfast and the snacks, I feel the need to eat less because even though I'm not eating much I feel like I'm overindulging.

I have been having a cup of hot water with an "enchanted" lemon (can't wait till grapefruit season again) every morning to help "perk me up" in place of caffiene and it is working. No sugar no honey, just squeeze a half lemon into a cup of hot water-- lemon scent is very cheery and uplifting, and the juice is for purification so it will help purify the body.

Between the morning lemon and the meditation, then getting in a little work, 45 minutes of exercise and a green smoothie containing an entire day's worth of fruits and veggie servings-- all by noon-- I feel like the day is getting off to a right start and it puts me at ease for the rest of the day.

Yesterday was the solstice but I did not do very much; we had evening prayers at sunset and lit the sun candle, and made an offering. I sat outside with a cup of green tea and watched the summer rain for a while, thinking about the cycle of life and how nature always renews itself... and how I am part of nature and how wonderful it is that I can renew myself. 

I just have to make a mention of the Cook Yourself Thin book-- I was going to make veggie lasagna but the family wanted this roasted herb chicken with root veggies instead; I made it and-- OMG, it was fabulous, and it was so quick and easy to prepare. So was the roasted peaches with crisp made a bit of a messy pan but it was really good, too.

My new daily devotional prayer is the Wiccan Serenity Prayer:
Goddess grant me the Serenity

To Accept the Things I Cannot Change;
Courage to Change the things I can;
And Wisdom to Know the Difference.
Living one Day at a Time;

Enjoying One moment at a Time;
Accepting Hardships as the Pathway to Peace;
Taking this World as it Is,
Not as I would have it;
Trusting that Time will make all things right if I Faith;
That I may be Reasonably Happy in this Life
And Supremely Happy and,
Forever in the Next.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would enjoy hearing your encouragement, reasonable criticism, questions, insights, advice and experiences. Comments will be moderated, however. I realize there may be people out there who only want to insult me for my weight or attack my beliefs in Witchcraft. There are plenty of forums for doing that. This is not one of them.

My Blog + Additional Info Pages