It's a long road, but I'm taking it one step at a time...

My Mini-Goal

8/08/10 to 8/31/10-to lose 6 lbs this month

Friday, June 18, 2010

This Too Shall Pass

Well, my pleas for some kind of a response have apparently gone unheard... and it is as I suspected-- I am the only person here. But I guess that's okay,  because it feels good to get my feelings out like this and if I didn't do it here I'd probably neglect to do it in a journal. It feels good to write as though someone was listening, even if no one is.

Bad news: I'm still stalled. Still hovering at the same place on the scale. I don't get it, I have been paying attention these last few days to my food intake. I realize I might have had an extra cup of coffee or two this week but I'm still doing pretty well. So I am cutting down on the coffee to two cups and going to try and get more into herbal teas without caffiene. The "garden" (my porch herb container garden that is) is blossoming so I have plenty to make tea with, and stevia to sweeten it.

Part of me thinks a lot of it has to do with my age-- it just don't come off as easy as it used to. But as I recally, whenever I ever tried to lose weight, I'd get down to 30 or 40 lbs less and then stall and eventually I would just give up in frustration and gain it all back. Maybe that's just the natural time for my body to "clamp down" and refuse to give.

Good news: I'm still not stressing over it. It's not discouraging me.

This in itself almost makes me want to cry. It's like I have learned something somewhere along the line and it just might end up paying off. I'm not frustrated, I don't want to throw in the towel, and I know-- I just know-- it'll pass. As long as I keep doing the right thing, eventually my weight will decrease. Praise Goddess, it's finally gotten through my thick skull.

Meanwhile, I'm thinking I need to increase water and exercise this week; that should hopefully get me over this hurtle. But it's been raining horribly the last few days, and disgustingly hot and humid when it's not, and to top it off we had a mess because apparently our whole 3 story apartment building's AC drainage lines backed up and overflowed into our closet.

But my husband is doing great, and despite the fact that the numbers on the scale hover, I am doing really great, and this too shall pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would enjoy hearing your encouragement, reasonable criticism, questions, insights, advice and experiences. Comments will be moderated, however. I realize there may be people out there who only want to insult me for my weight or attack my beliefs in Witchcraft. There are plenty of forums for doing that. This is not one of them.

My Blog + Additional Info Pages