It's a long road, but I'm taking it one step at a time...

My Mini-Goal

8/08/10 to 8/31/10-to lose 6 lbs this month

Friday, January 8, 2010

Go with the Flow...

Water.

Sacred Element of life.

Water has the power to move mountains, to carve through the Earth, to alter the physical.

Physically, our bodies are mostly made up of water. The planet is mostly made up of water.

Metaphysically, Water represents fluidity, emotions, introspection, healing, purification, rejuvenation... the ebb and flow of life... water helps bring balance... water nourishes and nurtures us and shapes us from the time we are in the womb.


Western River,
Devotee of the moon,
Gentle sculpter
Of Babes in the womb
Spring of jubilation
Courage and Tears
Giver of the sweet love
That soothes all our fears
(from Reclaiming & Friends, Second Chants)

Ocean Mother healing
She is the healer of the Earth
Ocean Mother crying
She is the mourner of the Earth
Ocean Mother laughing
She is the brightness of the Earth
Ocean Mother birthing
She is the cradle of the Earth
(Inanna Arthen, Mother Tongue, All Beings of the Earth)


I woke up thinking this as I grabbed for a bottle of water.

Tarot of the day: 3 of cups. Coincidence? Possibly... or maybe there are no coincidences.


Today is Friday, the perfect day to build an altar to water. I will build it on the western wall, with a shimmery blue cloth, and place on it a silver cup, and sea salt in a sea shell, and I will invoke a Water Goddess and receive the energy of water. And I'll put my bottles of water for the day, and inscribe the bottles with the ancient rune LAGAZ which is associated with the element of Water and the human psyche. And I will cleanse that water and charge it to do what it exists to do... to transform and nourish and purify me inside and out... and go to that altar on Fridays to pay honor and make libations in gratitude.

(photo by me by the way... like it?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would enjoy hearing your encouragement, reasonable criticism, questions, insights, advice and experiences. Comments will be moderated, however. I realize there may be people out there who only want to insult me for my weight or attack my beliefs in Witchcraft. There are plenty of forums for doing that. This is not one of them.

My Blog + Additional Info Pages