It's a long road, but I'm taking it one step at a time...

My Mini-Goal

8/08/10 to 8/31/10-to lose 6 lbs this month

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Not to get political on you...

Today Ben Says: Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

That's why I love him. Boy, if I had one wish, it would be to bring him back to life and send him to Washington. Let him talk to congress, the President, and address the nation to remind them of what attitude made this country great in the first place.

And I will leave it at that.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So we got about 20 fresh lemons from someone in the neighborhood whose tree overfloweth with more than he needed. So my son, an 11 year old budding chef who got an ice cream maker for the holidays, is making a fat free lemon sorbet today. He just got done squeezing and the house smells wonderful-- all citrusy and lemony and fresh. I can't wait for dessert tonight. We're having veggie quiches for dinner and the sorbet afterward.


Thought I woke up with today: I really want to go to Disneyworld. We live less than an hour away and got seasonal passes this year and it's just my happy place, what can I say?

I feel like going to Animal Kingdom, but because of not working last week, we're behind on bills, and so I have to work this week and I have to be frugal this week, and the house cleaning needs some catching up too.

Ah, well. Maybe if I work really, really hard I will be able to make it next weekend. I could use a Disney fix.

Totally random thing: I don't have cable, so I went digging through the video cabinet last week for something to put on as "background noise." As I did some chores, and I pulled out my old 21 Jumpstreet videos. I like them better than the new DVDs because they have the original 80's soundtrack, I taped them when the show originally aired. I used to love that show, realize I still do. It's a dang good show. Johnny Depp is so young, he looks like a baby. And Peter DeLuis is amazingly mouthwateringly hot. I want to just put him on a silver platter and feast. Mmmm. I hope my husband doesn't read this blog.

Magical talk later. For now, work. I will be back tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would enjoy hearing your encouragement, reasonable criticism, questions, insights, advice and experiences. Comments will be moderated, however. I realize there may be people out there who only want to insult me for my weight or attack my beliefs in Witchcraft. There are plenty of forums for doing that. This is not one of them.

My Blog + Additional Info Pages