It's a long road, but I'm taking it one step at a time...

My Mini-Goal

8/08/10 to 8/31/10-to lose 6 lbs this month

Saturday, May 8, 2010

And so it goes...

The cravings; tonight, at least, that is, I feel like noshing but I don't want to nosh just to have something to do. I'm not craving anything in particular; I just want to eat something to, I don't know, comfort me or keep me occupied as I work.

And so I hold fast to my talisman. I had a reasonable snack before (the kids had some ice cream, I didn't want to go there, so I settled for lf cottage cheese), and I had more more cup of coffee today than I should have had, but with equal so again, not too bad. You have to allow yourself a little leeway once in a while.

However I don't want to sit here and just eat and pick-- even if it's healthy-- just to use eating to fill some kind of hole. The only hole that eating should fill is hunger.

And I will be working late tonight and a lot tomorrow... we have decided to rent a car and go to Disneyworld to cheer ourselves up for a couple of days next week and get our last big blow-out before the summer when it's too hot and crowded to go at all.

But I don't want to sit here looking for food to be my company, or my consolation prize, or my stress reducer. Seems I use food for everything but what it's intended for.

So I will be squeezing my talisman periodically and praying occasionally and perhaps taking a meditation break to help me move past this desire for food for now. I know once we get to Disney, I won't even worry about food because I'm having too much fun and it's too expensive to eat in the parks,  so we usually just eat breakfast (bringing Cheerios), snack on things (carrots, cheese stick, pretzles) and go out for one quick meal (I'll be careful). Plus, I'll get a lot of exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would enjoy hearing your encouragement, reasonable criticism, questions, insights, advice and experiences. Comments will be moderated, however. I realize there may be people out there who only want to insult me for my weight or attack my beliefs in Witchcraft. There are plenty of forums for doing that. This is not one of them.

My Blog + Additional Info Pages