It's a long road, but I'm taking it one step at a time...

My Mini-Goal

8/08/10 to 8/31/10-to lose 6 lbs this month

Friday, May 7, 2010

Can't Sleep... so here is a spontaneous art show

I couldn't rest or relax; so I thought I would share some of my artwork here.

First off, here is some spontaneous "body art" from tonight:



These are the paintings I like from tonight; I'm thinking of framing and hanging the dancing Mother Earth Goddess on the left:


And I mentioned I was redecorating; this is the hallway leading to the bedrooms and I made this little wall hanging display of my sketches and stuff:



Here are some of my sketches up close:



This is a photograph I love for some reason; I took it in a local cemetary. I am not a morbid person and I don't usually hang out in cemetaries, mind you... It's not a Witch thing, it just happens to be in the neighborhood. I had my camera and was wandering around taking pics on a positively georgeous Autumn day, and I just happened to be passing this little cemetary... it is a historic landmark around here; it has graves dating back to the 1700's. The way the light was coming through the trees, and the old graves just made an interesting landscape; so I walked through and snapped some shots on the way.


And then there is this little Celtic knot cross I painted on a piece of round wood:



And finally, my Pentacle, which I keep on my altar. I painted it about 10 years ago and it has been heavily used, not sure if you can see the candle wax and smudges on it:



I made one for my daughter a few years back, she's drawn to the element of water so I made it all blue and watery looking like ripples with a white pentagram, and I collected and glued all little seashells around it, and inscribed it with We all come from the Goddess; and to Her we shall return, like a drop of rain... flowing to the ocean.

Mind you, if you want to buy any of my work or commission something, just contact me through here. But really I just wanted to share; art is such an important part of my life, as you may have guessed if you've been reading this blog. And since I'm up and I had just uploaded my Beltane photos and it had my redecorating pics with it, I figured I'd add some for you tonight.

It is 5 am now... I'm going to try and lay down again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would enjoy hearing your encouragement, reasonable criticism, questions, insights, advice and experiences. Comments will be moderated, however. I realize there may be people out there who only want to insult me for my weight or attack my beliefs in Witchcraft. There are plenty of forums for doing that. This is not one of them.

My Blog + Additional Info Pages