It's a long road, but I'm taking it one step at a time...

My Mini-Goal

8/08/10 to 8/31/10-to lose 6 lbs this month

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Peaceful

The last couple of days have just been very peaceful. Quiet. I had a long sleep last night, going to bed around 9:30 and waking up around 10:am, and I feel 100% again. My back was a bit achy from being in bed so long but I'm sure I'm over whatever little bug was there.

Now that the weather is nicer I want to get more into swimming. My complex has 2 pools, and we live in the sub-tropics, so it's already getting up to 90 degree days and it's not even may.

I was thinking maybe I could try to start getting into doing laps every other day or so... but that I should not just do laps, but do sort of a water meditation as I was doing them. Not all meditations are inactive and internal; some are active and external, like when you're doing yoga or tai chi. Slow, repetitive movements, you trance out a little but still retain awareness.

Speaking of meditations, I started doing this awesome meditation; after relaxing and getting into an altered state I envision myself going into a sort of cafeteria, which was to represent my appetite (just like, you may have heard, of meditations where your mind is a warehouse or office?). And in this cafeteria it had all the stuff I usually like to eat-- the things I crave. And I looked at it all and looked closely at just how unappealing it is, and threw them out.

I am going to do this meditation daily until the new moon, and on the day of the new moon I am going to spend a week doing it, but instead of seeing all the crap on the table, I will see an empty table, and I will begin setting it with healthy, wholesome foods.

The fat-burning candles seem to have really given the weight loss a boost, too, as I'm going through a little spurt.


You know, I think it's a lot like your relationship with deity. Doing magic, that is.

The big, occasional rituals and holidays are nice, and don't get me wrong, they are moving and meaningful, but it is the small, day to day things you do, like prayers, or things you notice, like the sunset or how fragrant the potted herbs smell or how pretty the bird is outside sitting on the tree-- these are the things that seem to really add up to a bigger difference.

Big production spells-- sure, they have their place and they are great and worth their weight in gold as far as I'm concerned; but making a little effort to bring a few minutes of magic into your daily existance-- that is priceless.

Ben says today "A small leak can sink a great ship."

And I agree; but it doesn't have to have a negative spin. A small leak, will, over time it moves mountains and builds the Grand Canyon. Just a trickle is all it takes... the important thing is not how big that trickle is, but that it is a constant and unyielding flow.

I'm beginning to see magic the same way. Sure, things can happen if you cast your spell on the full moon a few times a year when you need something, but I'm finding the greatest changes and the greatest rewards come with keeping that small but steady flow moving through your daily life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would enjoy hearing your encouragement, reasonable criticism, questions, insights, advice and experiences. Comments will be moderated, however. I realize there may be people out there who only want to insult me for my weight or attack my beliefs in Witchcraft. There are plenty of forums for doing that. This is not one of them.

My Blog + Additional Info Pages